Friday, October 15, 2010

                                         
                          Rules

    Have you ever read the book Rules by Cynthia Lord? If you haven't you really should. I've read it, and it was fantastic! I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars! Anyway, this book is about a twelve year old girl named Catherine and her little brother David. David has autism, so Catherine has been trying to teach him rules like no toys in the fish tank to keep your pants on in public. Since David has autism he has to go to the clinic. One day Catherine went to the clinic with David, and she meets Jason. Jason uses a wheelchair and can not speak. To communicate Jason uses a book with pockets to put cards in. Catherine starts talking to him one day and Jason asks, can you make cards for my book? Jason isn't the only person Catherine meets, she also meets Kristi. Kristi  and Catherine meet because Kristi moves next door and Catherine's mom tells her to introduce herself to the new next door neighbors. I don't want to spoil the whole story so I guess I'll stop here. I hope you decided to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment