Thursday, December 16, 2010

                      Christmas Fun
   Every year on the first day of December, my mom, my dad, my brother and I all start decorating the house for Christmas. My dad puts up plastic people and animals in my front yard. The people and animals are all around a baby named Jesus, and some of you might know why. It's to celebrate the birth of Jesus! As my dad does that, my brother and I clean our rooms and put up little decorations, like paper snowflakes. My mom puts up the tree, but leaves the lights and decorations. After she is done with that she would usually put up little decorations such as, candles, giant nutcrackers, angels, etc. Once everyone was done with their jobs we would all put the lights and decorations on the tree. My brother and I also would put up a small tree in our rooms. My family would have so much fun decorating the house for Christmas, but the most fun of all would be on Christmas day spending time together laughing and just relaxing.
      If you have a holiday tradition, for any holiday, tell me about it by leaving me a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Yesenia,
    Don't you just love the holidaays. The spirit is in the air while the family is busy with preperations. Great post. Don't forgot to enter my contest. http://passionateparagraphsroom101.blogspot.com/
    From,
    Simran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesenia,

    Great job! I like how descriptive you are in your writing! When you talked about the animals crowding around baby Jesus, I became very interested. Maybe in nother blog post you could write the story of that(?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Simran,
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I am so sorry that I forgot to enter your contest. Maybe you can make another contest and that one I promise I will enter. (or will I? Joking.)I will. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Zachary,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm glad you liked my post. Another thanks for the great idea of making a post about baby Jesus and the animals! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete