Sunday, February 20, 2011

                   Having a Good Spirit

  For the past month or so my English class has been doing this little friendly competition called the apprentice. If you have read my blog post called Apprentice Week One, you know what the apprentice is. If you haven't the apprentice is a competition were there are four "companies"s, Apex ( my company ), Excel , Hydra and Synergy. We all do tasks and go to a board room meeting to present our work. C.E.O Mr. Poole and who ever else comes decides who will win. (C.E.O Mr. Poole is my teacher.)
  cartoon radio playing music
                                                                          
  The task for last week was to think of places to advertise Spoole Cola in the categories audio ( radio, computer), video ( commercial ), unconventional ( public bus, movie commercials ) and print ( news paper, magazine) and then find info that proves that it is a good place to advertise Spoole cola. If you don't get what I mean when I said movie commercials, I meant that we put them before the movie. Each person would have to be in charge of one thing. I was in charge of audio ads. Each group also had a different target audience than the other three groups. My group's target audience was children ages three to nine. Since I have a ten year old brother I thought he would still be some good help finding out what websites he really liked. He told me Disney.com. I need more than that so I also went on the internet. The other three that I found was Nick.com, Club penguin.com and Pbskis.org. When the day came that we had to perform, Hydra won. I was very sad but I knew that my group still had a chance even though we haven't won a single board room meeting. It wasn't to bad though because my group  got 25 points for having a back up plan. We had a prezee ( a power point ) but it didn't work so we used our Google presentation. I know you might be saying that we are probably a bad group, but I know that Apex can win this and we will keep trying our best to do just that! We will win! Good luck to the other groups though.

  Feel free to leave a comment telling me how my post was even if you didn't like it. If you didn't like it tell me what I can change to make it better. Thanks for reading my post! :)
                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment