Friday, January 28, 2011

                                 The Apprentice Week One
                                                                                                                           
 The apprentice is a five week activity that I am currently doing in school right now. There are four teams in my english class, Apex, Excel, Synergy and Hydra. I'm on team Apex. Each group must complete each task given to us and present it to C.E.O Mr.Poole and C.E.O Ms. Spiezio. Each team's goal is to get hired by Spoole Industries and become the next apprentice. Mr. Poole and Ms. Spiezio will determine who will become the next apprentice by each team earning as many coins (which will turn into points) as they can by working nicely together and having the best presentation when it comes time for the board room meetings.

 This week each group had to come up with a logo and a jingle along with everyone making a fake resume and cover letter. My groups jingle was say bye to software mythology (flush, flush) say hi to our new technology
Apex 732-369-3246. (That was a fake phone number) Today we had our first board room meeting and my group didn't get alot of practice, so I was nervous, really nervous. Before we begun we had to decide how would go first so, Mr. Poole made cards with either a 1, 2, 3 or 4 on it. Each group's project manager went up one at a time to pick a card. My groups project manager went first I kept hoping in my mind that we weren't going to go first but guess what, we went first. We didn't do bad in fact, none of the groups did but I was sure that Excel was going to win and I was right. I just know that they are going to be the next apprentice because they are all friends, they all do their work and they rarely fight. I won't complain though because they all are my friends and they deserve it. Congrats Excel! More to come next week. (P.S. the picture is our logo.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment