Sunday, January 16, 2011

                                              A New Ending
 If you ever have read the book Tuck Everlasting you already know how it ends but, if you haven't  you sorry but I don't want to spoil the ending. In my opinion the ending was okay but, it was a sad so I did not enjoy it to much. Anyway here is my ending.
       "Come here you," said the constable, "it's time for the gallows." Mae was scared, "what if they don't come in time? What if the secret comes out?" They walked slowly outside and to the deathly gallows. "Wait here and don't move, I got my eyes on you." said the constable sternly. Mae listened. Soon enough the constable came back with a rope in his hand. Mae wacthed  the constable as he secured the rope on a giant upside down L.Just as he was finishing up she saw Tuck, Miles,Jesse and Winnie running towards them."I knew they would come" Mae said in her head. Now instead of focusing on the constable she was focused on Tuck, Miles,Jesse and Winnie.She wacthed as Tuck, Miles and Jesse hid in between two buildings not far from Mae. "You know what to do?" asked Tuck.
"Of course," said Winnie.
"Good," said Miles and Jesse.
Winnie started to run towards Mae and the constable."Help, help, please help,"cried Winnie as she got close to the constable."Please help me, my father fell into a well and I can't get him out!"
"Calm down," said the constable a little bit annoyed.
"How can I calm down if my father is stuck in a well!"exclaimed Winnie.
"OK take me to him."
Winnie took his hand and ran towards the nearest well. Tuck,Miles and Jesse all came out from in between the buildings and ran as fast as they could to Mae."Ma"yelled Jesse "you're all right!"
"Of course I am, now let's go before they come back."
"But what about Winnie?" asked Jesse.
"She'll be ok.,I'm sure the constable will bring her back home once he sees that there is nobody down the well." said Tuck assuring.
Even though Tuck said she'll be alright, Jesse was still worried so the next morning he went to her house to find her in her front yard."Jesse! What are you doing hear?"
"I couldn't leave without saying good bye."said Jesse giving her a bottle of water."Drink this water when your seventeen and we can be together forever."
"How will I find you again?"
"We're all coming back hear in seven years to get you, you know...if you want to.Sorry it's time for me to go."
"Goodbye Jesse." said Winnie sadly.
"I'll never stop thinking about you,never."said Jesse as he disappeared into the wood.
Seven years later. "Alright here goes nothing" said Winnie as she opened the bottle of water from Jesse.Gulp. Winnie stared at the empty bottle. "I told you we would come back for you." said a familiar voice. Winnie looked up."Jesse!" said Winnie excitedly unlocking the gate and running to him and the rest of the Tucks. "I can't believe you came back!"
"I still have to show you the Eiffel tower don"t I?" said Jesse.
"How can I forget." said Winnie as they set of to see the world.
Note: The gallows is were some prisoners went to die by force. The prisoner would be hung until they were dead.
                        My Opinion Of The Book
 If I were to rate this book on a scale of 0  to 5  I would give this book a 4.8. The book was fantastic and I really mean that but, the ending was sad so I did not enjoy that part to much. I would still recommend this book to you, especially if you like a little bit of love, a secret and a twist. If you like action you might still enjoy this book but, you might also not. It's kind of hard to tell. I hope you give this fantastic book a chance and don't forget to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment