Tuesday, November 2, 2010

                      Milestone Person
        It's been about seven years ago that my life was changed by just one pet. All it was, was a little goldfish that glistened in it's fishbowl. I named him Golden because he looked like he was gold. Golden was my first pet so I cherished him so much.
              While I was bringing Golden home, I observed him swim around in the little clear fishbowl. All Golden did was swim in little circles. Once we got home, my mom wanted to put rocks and a couple of plastic plants in the fishbowl. I left my kitchen were my mom was for about two minutes and when I came back I saw my mom holding Golden in a net in the air. I thought my mom was killing Golden and tried to take the net out of her hand to put Golden the fishbowl. As I was crying and still trying to get Golden, my mom said "stop he's dead." I stoped and started to cry even harder.
                After we flushed Golden down the toilet, I tried to stop crying but couldn't. My mom saw how upset I was and asked me, "do you want another fish?" I replied " no, no other fish can replace Golden."
                From that day forward I never had another fish again.
                I've written about a sad milestone for me, and I would love to hear about one of yours, happy or sad.

3 comments:

  1. Yesenia,
    Oh my goodness, that must have been terrible! I remember getting my first to guinea pigs and I love them so much, I would be very upset if they died.
    This blog really stood out to me because it kind of had a little twist towards the end. It was very good.
    How old were you when this happend?
    Why did you get a gold fish in the first place?
    Where'd you get golden?
    Great Post!
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I felt really sorry when I read this. This incident might have made you feel really sad didn't it? I have an idea for you to get more comments. If you try to put pictures on your blog posts I think the reader would be more interested and would feel to comment on your blog. Doesn't mean that your blog stinks, it is just an idea for you to get more feedback. Instead of that your blog is awesome!
    vaishnavi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yesenia, I agree with the others --great post!

    And thanks for entering The Edublogger competition!

    Sue Waters

    ReplyDelete